Let’s talk about skincare! Often when traveling the priorities of items packed often change but my skincare routine is one thing I keep consistent.
I have very dry, sensitive skin so I am very cautious with what items I put on my skin. I am also very cognisant to maintain the same skin care routine whether I am home in Southern California or traveling elsewhere.
Now let’s get to the best skin care products for traveling with dry skin.
- Gentle face wash; Traditionally I stick to Aveeno face wash but received the BRTC foaming cleanser in an IPSY bag and am very happy with the results. This past trip I wanted a travel size cleanser so this time around it replaced my normal, gentle face wash.
- Daily moisturizer with sunscreen; post shower I immediately put face lotion and body lotion on. Again, my skin is DRY so if I don’t get the added moisture from the shower absorbed into my skin, then I’m going to have a horribly EXTRA dry day. My daily face lotion changes on the time of year but usually the line up consists of Aveeno, CeraVe, and Neutrogena.
- Face Serum; I have read many varying opinions on when to put face serum BUT I always put face serum on after my daily moisturizer and before my primer. It really helps my skin absorb both the moisturizer and the serum. I switch off between an argan-based skin serum and this rosehip oil.
- Hydrocortisone cream; once more, my skin is sensitive!! I constantly get small rashes on my face, these rashes are normally around the eyes and mouth, and this Aveeno cream immediately tackles the issue.
- Moisturizing face mask; anything and everything Peter Thomas Roth does is amazing but I am really living for this gentle face mask. I use this mask 2 – 3 times a week and it really helps with fine lines and dehydrated skin. My skin goes a little crazy when I travel to new climates and constantly using this helps avoid that craziness.
- Sheet Mask; I like to do a sheet mask once a week, it’s the best way for my skin to really soak up some deep moisture. To be honest, I have absolutely no alliance to one brand when it comes to sheet masks but I always look for a product that contains hyaluronic acid.
On top of these essentials, my favorite and my most recommended skin care product is sunscreen. Never forget the anti-aging power of sun protection!
I am always looking for new skin care routines and products, my current regiment is working great but as weather changes so do skin care priorities. I would love to know everyone’s skincare essentials, what products should I add to my travel essentials?
Leave a Reply