- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/4 cups mashed banana)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (If Paleo this can be substituted for Almond Butter)
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- (Optional) dark chocolate chips- about 1/2 cup
- (Optional) 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine bananas, vanilla, and peanut butter; mix until well combined, will look creamy with a thick consistency. Add in eggs, one at a time and mix on medium speed until combined. With the mixer on medium-low speed, add in coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; mix again until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake for about 35 minutes or until the tester comes out clean. Remove from oven and to cool for 20 minutes, then carefully invert, remove bread from pan and place back on wire rack to cool completely. Cut into 12 slices.
I hope you enjoy this banana bread as much as my husband did! It’s a great thing to enjoy with your coffee in the morning or after dinner as a delicious dessert.
Leave a Reply