It’s still technically winter but the temperatures are quickly rising and all I can think about is heading to the beach or a nice relaxing day by the pool. Living in Palm Springs, a beautiful, relaxing pool is not very hard to find, so in that sense, I am very lucky! I figured I’d share some of my beach bag essentials…or in my case, pool essentials.
While you’re basking in the sun by the ocean or pool, sunscreen is obviously the most important accessory. Besides the basics like a hat, fun sandals, and sunglasses, there are a few beauty essentials that are non-negotiable must-haves to get me through a long relaxing day by the water!
I am so ready for a relaxing day in the sun with a refreshing drink, or two, and so is my beach bag full of all of my favorite sun essentials!
Before I even start on what’s in my beach bag, let me tell you my number one beauty secret, sunscreen. I never leave my house without sunscreen on my face, ever. If you are not using sunscreen every day, start today, you will thank me in 20 years.
What’s In My Beach Bag…
- A beach bag because well duh. I’ve linked my favorite beach bags here, here and here.
- Quality sunscreen like Sun Bum SPF50 Sunscreen Lotion ($16): because sunscreen is the number one must have for any beach day. One of the most important aspects of sunscreen is reapplying it. Yes, reapplying sunscreen can be a pain in the butt but it is SO IMPORTANT. Spray sunscreen is a great option for reapplication, one of my favorites is L’Oréal Advanced Suncare Dry Oil Spray SPF 50+ ($13).
- Facial Moisturizer with SPF: most sunscreens can be applied to your face with no issue. But why not place special attention to your face like you do every day when you put face moisturizer on? Your face and neck deserve special attention especially if you have dry, sensitive skin like me. I love UV Expert Aquagel Sunscreen ($39) it’s so perfect for my skin type and it doubles as a primer! Win-win!
- Ouai Wave Spray ($26): put this product in your wet hair and when your hair dries you will have the perfect beach wave. I also really love Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray ($6): a more budget-friendly option.
- Invisibobble Hair Ring ($9): the perfect hair accessory easy to remove and it leaves your hair with no trace and no tangles!
- Sunglasses: Because protecting your eyes from the sun is a must! My favorite affordable sunglasses are linked here, here and here.
- Supergoop! Lip Balm SPF 30 ($9): Not only should you be slathering your body with sunscreen but don’t forget to protect your lips! This balm will protect your lips from the sun and also moisturize your lips all day long.
- Wet Dry Hair Brush ($10): this brush is the holy grail for wet tangly hair, a must have!
- A Really Cute Swimsuit: I’ve linked a few of my favorites here, here and here. I also linked all of my favorite amazon swimsuits here.
- After Sun Lotion: because a long day in the sun and in and out of the water takes a toll on your skin. Soothe your skin with a body lotion like COOLA Radical Recovery After-Sun Lotion that defends against environmental offenders and helps calm sunburn.
- Cute Sandals: wearing heels or wedges to the beach or pool seems excessive to me. I’m always going to be in cute, fun sandals like these or these.
- A Hat: even if you are slathering on facial sunscreen nonstop, a hat should be used as an extra layer of defense to protect your face, eyes, and scalp. You can find my favorites here, here and here.
Favorite Beach in America
Before I leave, I need to share a beach related secret. I was raised in California and my husband, Mike, was raised on the east coast of Florida. And yet,
Now that that secret is out, where is your favorite beach?!