Do y’all love everything goat cheese as much as I do? If so, this recipe is a must! By making slits in the chicken and stuffing with spinach and goat cheese, you’ll get the most delicious, cheesy chicken. This low carb recipe is a crowd pleaser!
My husband HATES goat cheese, has a very serious hatred for the cheese. Anytime someone brings up goat cheese he immediately says, goat cheese tastes like goats! It doesn’t, he’s wrong, it’s the most delicious cheese but I guess we are allowed to have our food preferences. These past few weeks my husband has been working very late and we have been on our own for dinner, so you know what that means?! goat cheese for every meal!
We just returned home from the perfect weekend of wine tasting on the central coast, it was so much fun! But let me tell you what, we indulged! In 24 hours, we had pizza, donuts and lots of wine, those things are not in my normal low carb diet, but gosh was it delicious! Now that we are back home, its time to get back to my healthy meals full of protein and veggies.
Spinach and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken:
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp garlic
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesean cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with foil, set aside.
- Cook the fresh spinach until it becomes slightly wilted, then goat cheese and a pinch of red pepper flakes and cooking until the goat cheese melts.
- Cut slits down the middle of the chicken (I used tenders because that’s what I had at home, but I suggest using chicken breast). This part can be tricky because it’s important that you do not cut the chicken all the through.
- Stuff each piece of chicken with the spinach and goat cheese mixture.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Add a little parmesan cheese and pop them in the oven at 350 degrees. At about 15 minutes, switch the oven to broil and continue to cook the chicken for about 10 minutes until the tops of the chicken are brown and bubbly.
Side Note: Taking pictures of food is HARD!
This stuffed chicken recipe is low carb and keto friendly. I am going to pair my chicken with some roasted veggies for the perfect low carb meal. This stuffed chicken recipe is a perfect work night dinner; Super simple, quick, easy and so delicious! Hope you enjoy this meal as much as I do!